Pages

Picture

Picture
Welcome to my blog, the online version of my life!

Friday, June 15, 2012

I have just achieved greatness, geekiness, and the ability to annoy people

...by finally memorizing all of Tom Lehrer's Elements Song! I can even sing it at a decent rate without getting tongue-tied too many times. Allow me to quote from memory:

There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium,
And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium,
And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium,
And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium,
Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium,
And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium,
And gold and protactinium and indium and gallium,
And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium.

Then there are 3 more verses that I don't want to bother typing, but I've memorized them all the same.

4 comments:

  1. This kind of reminds me of a song about the sun... "The sun is a mass of incandescent gas..." Except that theory has been disproved, so the band made another song that goes, "Forget what you've been told, it's not actually a gas." Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those two songs, DragonDork! (Even if "the sun is a miasma of incandescent plasma" and not "a mass of incandescent gas".) That band has a lot of other science-related songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Daniel (actor of Harry Potter I forgot who) sang that song from memory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. He did it really fast [although he can't sing].

    ReplyDelete