Pages

Picture

Picture
Welcome to my blog, the online version of my life!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

M is for Magic

I recently read a book called M is for Magic, a collection of stories written by Neil Gaiman (who is a very good author, as you probably know). It's a really fun book; a quick read, but each story draws readers in and shows them a slice of a world. There's a lot of fantasy and sci-fi, and a few stories written to suggest horror. It was published before The Graveyard Book and Instructions (a picture book poem), and it includes the short story that became The Graveyard Book and Instructions without the illustrations. But there are lots of stories that haven't been published on their own, so even if you've read The Graveyard Book and Instructions there's plenty of new material. I would say that up to 14-ish is the ideal audience for this book, although the stories are nicely constructed no matter your age.

1 comment:

  1. Huh, the pink cupcake showed up for me on my blog. I think it's not ready yet, but you're right about the other things. And I'm giving you a prize anyways. So what do you want? Remember nothing involving money or your home address.
    Have an amazing day! ^.^
    Stacy N.

    ReplyDelete